elca blackbgdiscovering AELC

Our Church 

Welcome to Allegheny!  We’re a church of the ELCA (www.elca.org) and have been worshiping faithfully in this community since 1757 (as a union church first, and then most recently as a separate Lutheran congregation.) Allegheny Evangelical Lutheran Church (that’s us) broke away from its union roots back in 1989, and built the church building we currently occupy here in Brecknock Township, opening officially on Christmas Eve, 1993.  We’re proud of our connectedness to our local community over the years, grateful to God for God’s steadfast love for this church, and we’re eager to face our future together.

© 2017 Allegheny Evangelical Lutheran Church
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community